The exterior of your home is one of the first things people see when they pull up to your property. It’s no wonder that you want it to look its best! However, updating the exterior of your home is more than just a cosmetic change—it’s an opportunity to make some significant improvements that can improve the function and appeal of your entire property.
- New windows can make your home more energy efficient.
- New windows can improve the look of your home.
- New windows can be a good investment, as they increase the value of your house and make it easier to sell in the future.
- But they are expensive–so shop around for the best deal on high-quality products from reputable companies!
- Existing trim can be painted to match the color of your house. This is a great way to update an older home without having to replace all of your trim.
- If you’re looking for something more modern, consider replacing some or all of it with new trim that matches the style of your house but has a more contemporary look than what was originally used in construction or renovation projects. If you’re curious about where to start with this project, check out our post on how to pick out exterior paint colors for some ideas on making sure everything looks good together!
Porches are a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors, but they can also be an eyesore if you don’t pay attention to them. If you have a boring concrete porch that needs updating, there are plenty of options for flooring and other decorative touches that will make it look great again!
- Vinyl Flooring – This is one of the most popular choices because it’s durable and easy to install yourself. The cost varies depending on what type of flooring system you choose (there are many!), but generally speaking vinyl costs between $3-$5 per square foot installed.
- Wood Flooring – This option comes in all shapes and sizes from tongue-and-groove planks to solid hardwoods like oak or hickory. It’s relatively inexpensive compared with other types of wood floors because it doesn’t require any special tools or techniques when installing it yourself–just follow the directions on how much adhesive should go where as well as which direction each piece should be placed during installation! You’ll typically pay around $2-$7 per square foot installed depending on whether or not there was existing carpet underneath.,
Exterior Home Lighting
Lighting is the most important element of your home’s exterior. It can make your home appear more welcoming and safer, and it’s an investment that will pay off for years to come. But if you’re not ready to invest in new lighting fixtures just yet, there are other options:
You can add lighting to existing fixtures by purchasing inexpensive bulbs or LED lights at stores like Walmart or Lowe’s. You may also be able to use a dimmer switch (if you have one) so that when it gets dark outside, you can turn down some of those bright floodlights without having total darkness inside your house!
A New Roof
A new roof can add value to your home. A well-made, properly installed roof will keep you dry and warm in the winter, cool in summer and out of harm’s way from falling debris. A new roof also helps prolong the life of your home by protecting it from damage caused by wind, rain and snow.
In addition to providing shelter from inclement weather conditions, a brand-new exterior surface makes for an attractive appearance that’s likely to increase property values when selling or refinancing a house. Roofs made from recycled materials are becoming more popular as well–and they’re often indistinguishable from traditional asphalt shingles because they look so much like those made with virgin materials!
Updating your home exterior is one of the best ways to make it more useful, attractive and sellable.
Updating your home exterior is one of the best ways to make it more useful, attractive and sellable. Exterior updates can be done on a budget and by homeowners with simple tools.
Below are some examples of common exterior upgrades that are easy to do yourself:
We hope you enjoyed our guide to updating the classics on the home exterior. If you’re looking for more information about how to make your house look great, check out our other blog posts on interior design!