Picking a home, renovating it, and then decorating it can be an overwhelming process. It can also be costly – especially if you’re not sure which direction to go in. As someone who has been through this process several times, I’ve learned that hiring the right designer is one of most important steps for creating the home of your dreams on a budget. So here are some tips from my experience with designers:
Get a designer.
If you’re like me, the thought of hiring a designer can be intimidating. But they can be helpful in many ways.
- Save money: A good designer will help you stay within your budget by suggesting materials and styles that are more affordable than what you were thinking of using.
- Stay on track: A good designer will help keep things moving when it comes time to make decisions about what goes where in the house, so that there aren’t any surprises later on down the line (like realizing that all those beautiful wood floors won’t work).
- Find inspiration: A great designer knows how best to use color, texture and shape together as well as which styles work best with each other–and she’ll likely have some great ideas for how these elements should come together in your space!
Choose a style that suits your home’s architecture.
You should choose a style that goes with your home’s architecture. If you live in an old farmhouse, don’t choose French-country decor. It won’t work. It will look out of place and tacky.
It’s important to choose a style that suits your personality and lifestyle as well as the neighborhood and climate where you live–and also within budget constraints!
Don’t be afraid to use color!
- Don’t be afraid to use color! Color is a great way to add personality to your home, and it can be used in several ways:
- Paint color. The exterior paint on your house can make a big difference in how you feel about it. If you’re looking for something more traditional or conservative, stick with white or gray tones; if not, go wild with bold hues like reds and pinks (or even blues). Be sure that whatever color(s) you choose work well together–you don’t want one wall painted yellow while another has bright pink trim! And don’t forget about trimming–if there are windows around the edge of your house (like mine), they should match whatever shade is used elsewhere on the exterior walls so they blend seamlessly together into one cohesive unit.* Roofing materials.* Landscaping elements such as trees and shrubs.* Home accessories such as shutters or window boxes.* Even lighting fixtures can help set off certain areas within a room by changing how light reflects off them
Consider hiring an artist to paint your exterior.
Painting is a great way to add color to your home. It’s also an affordable way to make a big impact on the appearance of your property without breaking the bank.
When choosing colors, there are many things to consider–the size of your house, its architecture, what colors already exist on neighboring houses–but one thing that should never be overlooked is whether or not it complements your exterior paint job. If you’ve hired someone else in the past and they didn’t do well by this kind task (or if you were too busy), consider hiring an artist instead who can help coordinate all aspects of painting from start-to-finish: from choosing colors through application process and cleanup afterward!
Bricks and stone are easier to maintain than stucco.
Stucco is more expensive than brick and stone.
It also requires more maintenance, as it’s less durable, especially in areas with extreme weather and temperature changes. If you want to maintain your home’s exterior for years to come, bricks and stones are the way to go.
Trees and landscaping can change the appearance of your home dramatically.
Trees and landscaping can be a great way to change the appearance of your home dramatically. Trees provide privacy, shade and curb appeal. They also add value to your home by helping with energy efficiency, storm water management and creating an inviting landscape for families who want spend time outdoors together.
Get a professional designer on board from the start!
If you’re looking to make your home look great, save money and be more comfortable, I would highly recommend hiring a professional designer. In my experience as both a homeowner and designer, I’ve come across many people who don’t use designers because they think it will cost too much or take too long. But in reality:
- Designers can help you make the most of your space by designing efficient layouts that work for all members of the family–no matter how big or small! Plus it’s fun for everyone involved!
- Your budget doesn’t need to break the bank either; there are plenty of ways for homeowners (like myself) who want great design without breaking their bank accounts but still getting value from every dollar spent on our homes!
Hopefully, these tips will help you get started on your own home design journey. Remember that the most important thing is to find a style and color palette that suits your home’s architecture and makes you happy! If you’re looking for more inspiration, check out our Pinterest boards for interior design ideas and landscaping inspirations. We also recommend hiring a professional designer who can guide you through all of these decisions so they end up looking perfect in the end.